The end of another academic year is almost upon us with the official end of lease date being 11th June 2011 at 10.00am. You must vacate your accommodation by this deadline. Please read through the following carefully for end of year check out procedure;
Please also take a minute to read through this leaflet on Mattress Protector Care.
(A) All Key Cards must be returned to RECEPTION on departure and not left in houses/Apts. Keys may be dropped through the letterbox if office is closed at time of departure. If unreturned a fee of €10 will be charged per card, to be deducted from your deposit.
(B) Your bedroom and/or en-suite should be thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed on departure with all personal items/refuse removed. You (and your sharer for twin bedrooms) are solely responsible for your bedroom. Ensure that bedroom windows and doors are securely locked on departure.
(C) Ensure that all common areas in your Apartment / House are left clean and tidy on departure. Areas often overlooked when cleaning are:
- Cupboards, cutlery/crockery, saucepans/pots, fridge, oven/oven trays, hob/extractor fan, microwave, kettle, toaster. Ensure that the freezer is defrosted and the fridge is cleaned out thoroughly.
- Ensure that the storage unit under each bed and under the stairs is cleared out and clean.
- Please clean shower doors, behind toilet and toilet bowl when cleaning bathrooms.
- Please ensure that outside your front door and your back garden is clean and tidy.
- When cleaning floors, please follow instructions on cleaning products as too much or too little can lead to sticky surfaces and / or unsatisfactory results and may have to be professionally cleaned. Wooden floors only require a very little amount of water, excess and the wooden floor will be damaged
(D) Cleaners are given instructions to dispose of Items left behind after checkout date. Removal costs incurred for the removal of large items will be passed to the tenant.
(E) Please leave all the kitchen utensils (crockery/cutlery/pots and pans) in a clean manner on the kitchen table for Glasán to count.
(F) Ensure the bicycle sheds located to the back of your house are clean and clear of rubbish or any items. Bicycle sheds found with disposed waste at the end of the year will be cleaned by the management company and a charge applied to the deposits of the house holders.
(G) All unused food, empty cans/bottles must be removed to the bottle bank area before departure. Again additional costs incurred by cleaners for such will be passed to the tenant.
As you are all aware there are waste management centers strategically placed about the Glasán site; you can identify the area most convenient to you. A 2-bin system is available in each area comprising of:
- General Waste (Red Bin) – All black bag material (Non-recyclable).
- Clean Dry Recyclables (Green Bin) – Paper, Plastic, Tetra, Steel Tins, and Aluminum Cans
PLEASE DO NOT CONTAMINATE BINS.
NOTE: A Glass Recycling centre is also located on site. 3 bottle bins are provided for green, clear and brown glass. Please ensure that you separate your glass accordingly.
BOOK OUT CHECKS
Please note while we carry out 3 routine inspections during the academic year, they are completed to monitor the level of cleanliness within the units and to report any excessive maintenance, however,
Glasán staff will be carrying out a full & thorough inspection on every property after departure. We concentrate on 4 main aspects at Book-out: cleaning, painting, maintenance and inventory
- Fair wear & tear on cleaning and painting costs are allocated to the Landlord. Excessive wear & tear is apportioned against student deposits. Where painting is required due to marking or damage of walls, painting contractors will be carrying out this work with fair wear and tear costs being charged to Landlords and excessive costs being charged to tenants
- Inventory and maintenance – tenants are asked to check and sign for inventory items on arrival. They are also asked to report all maintenance issues on arrival. Glasán replenish missing items and address maintenance issues. Records are kept of all this work. On student departure Glasán management and staff carry out a full inventory/maintenance check on your apartment. Items found broken/missing (beyond fair wear & tear) are charged back to the tenants. Fair wear & tear items are charged back to Landlords. There are a number of items that we consider fair wear and tear every year and these are always billed back to the landlord, e.g. mop head, chopping board, dish wash brush & wooden spoon etc.
Please note that a Damage Disclaimer can be completed on departure should a tenant wish to accept/not accept liability for any damages within his/her unit. The onus is on the tenant to complete this form and have it signed by all other residents of that unit. Damages in common areas will be divided evenly between the household where a disclaimer has not been submitted to the office. An unsigned disclaimer will not be deemed valid.
Security deposits will be returned 8-10 weeks after end of lease date (as per your lease terms). Deposit queries must be made in writing to Glasán office within 30 days of issue date.
FINAL NOTE BEFORE YOU DEPART Glasán JUNE 2011
Please complete a Student Deposit Return Form if you have not submitted one previously. This form has been created to allow the student / guarantor to provide bank details for the deposit refund at the end of the academic year. We will not be in a position to refund your deposit at the end of your tenancy without bank account details.
We look forward to possibly welcoming you back to Glasán for 2011/2012 and we would like to wish you every success for your forthcoming Exams & Summer 2011.Yours sincerely Olivia O’Brien Operations Manager For Glasan Management Company Ltd