- Conveneience Store
- Launderette – Discounted laundry rates at €10 per standard bag
- FC’s Restaurant
- FREE WIFI!
- Car Parking – Permits available from APCOA.ie for €10 to residents
- Visitor Parking Permits available for your invited guests – prices will vary depending on length of stay – please check with reception
- Bicycle Storage
- Tennis / Soccer court
- Secure Tessa Card Locking System
- Full Waste Management
- Security service & access control nightly
- Entrance Barrier & key card operated turnstile being introduced Summer 2013
- Supervalue Supermarket – 5 minswalk
- Ballybane Pharmacy – 5 mins walk
- City Bus stop with route to city centre http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=248##galway / city bus services – 2 mins walk
- Pick up point for many private student bus services – at main Glasan entrance
- Kingsvalley Hotel www.kingsvalley.ie - 10 mins walk
- AIB / Bank of Ireland in GMIT – 1 min walk
- Eye Cinema www.eyecinema.ie - 20 mins walk
|Olivia O’Brien||Jacintha Kelly||Tamara Clarke||Paul Fitzpatrick|
091 773333 / 091 397401
|091 397402||091 397403|
Glasan office has a full team of professional and friendly staff to help with your every need. Office hours are 10 – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, closed for lunch 1-2pm. Glasan employs a full time maintenance man to help with ground keeping and maintenance issues onsite. Furthermore a full team of specialised contractors (plumbers, electricians, general maintenance etc) are available to ensure the job get done in a professional and prompt manner.
Security Service/Access Control – Glasan student village has a security service outside office hours. The security office is located at the entrance to Glasan next door to the office. Contact details are; 087 2066862 . We strongly advise that you save this mobile number or emergency mobile number of Glasan security in your own mobile.
Security patrols are carried out at regular intervals, the complex itself is quite large with adequate external street lighting and an individual porch light on all units. Please note, security staff are there to monitor and deter, they are not an arm of the law.
If you are a victim of a criminal offence you must contact the guards immediately. Your local Garda station at Mill Street Garda Station, Galway on Tel.No: 091-538000.
Permit Parking at Glasan – Glasán operate a permit parking system onsite through a company called APCOA. Vehicles onsite that do not display a valid permit are at risk of being clamped. Permit applications can be made online via APCOA You will require your car registration number, credit/laser cards details and CAO/Student ID number to complete your application. Please ensure you apply for a Glasán permit and NOT a GMIT permit. If you happen to change cars at any time during the year you must notify APCOA to change the details of your existing permit. Visitor Car Permits are also available from Reception only. There is an added cost to obtain a Visitor Permit for your visitor’s car.